Saturday, June 20, 2015

Hospin Album Review

Welcome to the latest #HHSReview! Hip-Hop Society is providing a proper spotlight for aspiring rappers so HHS is now reviewing your albums and mixtapes to give more exposure to your projects. It's my pleasure to be reviewing one of the most classic debut underground albums in the last decade: Raw by Hopsin. If you don't know who Hopsin is, allow me to wake you out of your five-year sleep Rip Van Winkle. Hopsin is the next big thing in underground music: he first gained attention when his "Ill Mind" series went viral, with the most famous being is "Ill Mind of Hopsin 5". He also built his own indie label Funk Volune who brought you artists like Jarren Benton and SwizZz: and has also brought you the DFU0B contest series. Now let's get into the album. The album starts off with Hot 16's literally with Hopsin murders a track. "Sag My Pants" was actually the first Hopsin track I've ever heard and gets doper every time I hear it- I love the Drake and Soulja Boy disses. "You Are My Enemy" Hopsin speaks on his former label, haters blogging, and his ex-girlfriend: I'll hate to be on the recieving end of those verses. "I Can't Decide" is a great story-telling track about America's troubled youth, I'll actually like to hear more tracks like that. "Nocturnal Rainbows" finds Hopsin rapping about his dissatisfaction with the music industry, government and life. This album is an instant classic, easily 10/10. My favorite track is between Sag My Pants and I can't Decide. My favorite line is "Stuck behind the bars- you don't deserve bail." What's your favorite track? Comment below and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment